Source: Phoenix Business Journal
September 5, 2017
A number of Phoenix-area organizations and businesses are chipping in to help those affected by Hurricane Harvey in Texas.
• Peoria Fire-Medical, along with other Arizona fire departments, will be sending personnel and equipment to assist with relief and recovery efforts in the Gulf Coast.
Peoria firefighters will be a part of a 20-person Type 3 All Hazards Incident Management Team assembled through the Arizona Department of Forestry and Fire Management with Pruett Small from ADFFM as the Incident Commander.
The Peoria crew left Saturday for Jasper County, Texas, located along the Texas-Louisiana border. They will help run an emergency operations center for three counties, Jasper, Beaumont and Sabine.
• To Be Continued Luxury Consignment Boutique is giving a portion of its proceeds from sales at its Scottsdale and Dallas stores to the Red Cross from Sept. 1 -10.
• ResumeGo decided to offer a complimentary resume makeover to all victims of Hurricane Harvey who lost their jobs. Anyone who visits the website from an area of the country hit by the hurricane can have their resume rewritten by a professional resume writer on our team at no charge.
• Zen, a Phoenix based Cannabis dispensary is partnering with the Clear AZ Concentrates to open its dispensary to collect needed supplies for Houston. They’re asking for bottled water, formula, diapers, pet food, nonperishable items or cash donations.
• IASIS Healthcare’s three acute care hospitals in Arizona are sending 26 registered nurses Sept. 1-2 to Texas to help with relief efforts at sister hospitals affected by the hurricane.