Whether it’s chest pain, broken bones, a deep cut that needs stitching, or some other emergency, Tempe St. Luke’s Hospital prepared to take care of your medical needs 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
24 Hour Emergency Room in Tempe, AZ
Board-certified emergency room doctors and nurses are trained to handle a medical crisis, and they are committed to responding to your emergency as fast as possible.
Tempe St. Luke's Emergency Care Includes:
- Private patient triage area
- Bedside registration
- 20-bed Emergency Department
- Comfortable treatment rooms
- Major trauma room for serious conditions
- Fast-track for less serious illnesses and injuries
- Advanced patient monitoring equipment
- Helipad for emergency airlift services
What Should I Expect At The ER?
- Triage: When you arrive, a registered nurse will conduct an initial exam, take your vital signs, and complete a brief medical history. Triage helps us determine the severity of your emergency and allows us to take care of the most urgent cases right away.
- Registration: Once you provide your information, you will be evaluated by a physician, a physician’s assistant, or a nurse practitioner who will determine if your condition is a medical emergency.
- Evaluation: Once you are in the treatment area, a physician will examine you and order any tests needed to evaluate your condition. Depending on the type of illness or injury, a nurse may start an IV or obtain a sample, or you may undergo diagnostic tests, such as X-rays or a CT scan.
- Treatment: Your treatment will depend on your physician’s orders after the medical evaluation is complete. Our staff will keep you informed about what to expect during every part of the treatment process.
- Admission or Discharge: Most patients are treated and discharged to go home from the ER. If you are admitted to the hospital, you will be transferred to a patient room and we will notify your primary care physician. If you do not have a physician, a physician on our staff will coordinate your care while you’re at the hospital.