Patient Education Videos and Quiz page
The Bridges Center for Surgical Weight Management at Tempe St. Luke’s Hospital and Mountain Vista Medical Center is proud to be Voted #1 in the category of Surgical Weight Loss Management for three consecutive years in Ranking Arizona Magazine.
The Bridges Center for Surgical Weight Management is a multi-disciplinary weight management program that features pre-operative education, surgery, nutrition education and guidance, and post-operative support. The program is designed to help patients achieve and maintain their goals for a lifetime.
Quality Where it Counts
Tempe St. Luke’s Hospital is accredited as a Comprehensive Center by the Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery Accreditation and Quality Improvement Program (MBSAQIP) of the American College of Surgeons (ACS) and the American Society for Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery (ASMBS). It is also recognized as a Bariatric Center of Excellence by the Clinical Sciences Institute of Optum.
To read more about MBSAQIP and our surgery outcomes, click here.
Do I Qualify?
Body Mass Index (BMI)
BMI is a measurement of a person’s weight in relation to height. It is one factor used to determine if someone is underweight, healthy weight, or has excess body weight. It is known that risk for chronic health conditions does increase when BMI increases.
Use the calculator below to determine your BMI. Use the reference chart provided to determine your category. If your BMI is over 35, you may be eligible for bariatric surgery.
Please Fill Out The Information Below
Ready to get started? Take the first step in your weight loss journey by signing for our webinar.
Why Choose the Bridges Center?
- Our surgeons are board-certified in bariatric surgery and leaders in their field.
- We have a proven track record, performing an average of 500 surgeries per year.
Education Classes and Support Groups
Connecting with others and gaining support of people also going through this journey can be a powerful thing. Education classes and support groups are a complimentary part of the Bridges Center program. Classes are offered virtually for your convenience.
For a complete class schedule, please contact your patient advocate at 602-507-4458.
The Bridges Center Team
In addition to board-certified surgeons, the Bridges Center team also consists of knowledgeable health care professionals – all dedicated to making your experience with the Bridges Center a positive one. Our team includes:
- Assigned patient advocates to walk patients through the insurance process, appointments, and classes needed before surgery.
- Partner with registered dietitians to provide patients with nutrition guidance and support throughout the entire journey.
- Specially trained hospital staff to provide specialized care for patients during and after surgery.
- Partner with psychologists to assist patients with the psychological and behavioral support needed to be successful.