Volunteer Information Center
Tempe St. Luke’s welcomes motivated individuals to serve as volunteers! Our volunteers supplement the medical staff by supporting the mission of the hospital to provide compassionate care for our patients and their families. Volunteers have the opportunity to explore potential healthcare careers while enjoying the personal satisfaction of helping others in the community.
Due to the nature of our work, we seek individuals who are mature, self-motivated, confident and dependable. Being consistent in your service is required to ensure that our patients and their families are cared for while at Tempe St. Luke’s Hospital.
- Lobby Reception: Weekday shifts available between 6 a.m. and 8 p.m.
- Patient Unit Assistant. Daily shifts available between 8 a.m. and 8 p.m.
- Retail Clerk: Daily shifts available between 8 a.m. and 8 p.m.
- Waiting Room Attendant: Weekday shifts available between 6 a.m. and 4 p.m.
- And more….
Benefits of volunteering include:
- Health Screening, paid for by Tempe St. Luke’s Hospital
- Free Volunteer Shirt
- Complimentary meal in our Café per shift worked
- Discount at the Gift Shop
Appreciation activities and more!
- Community Members age 16+
- Ability to pass a background check and health screening.
- Time available for a 4-hour weekly or biweekly shift
- Availability for applicant screening appointments during regular business hours.
- Willingness to learn and accept an entry level assignment
Applying to Volunteer
- Complete the online application.
- After reviewing your application, we will call for a short interview to learn more about you and schedule your health screening appointment.
- You will receive a confirmation email with your appointment time and a link to the background check.
- Once all screening requirements have been met, you will be invited to attend a New Volunteer Orientation.
- Schedule your department training before or during your first shift.
Some Things to Know
Volunteer Services does not offer internships. We support job shadowing requests for volunteers who have demonstrated exceptional responsibility and an outstanding service record.
If you have questions, please contact Volunteer Coordinator, Rita Flores at [email protected] or 480-784-5515.