Each injury, just like each patient, is unique. The physicians and staff on the Sports Medicine team at Tempe St. Luke’s Hospital will work closely with you to evaluate, stabilize and treat your injury in an emergent setting, as well as through follow-up care and treatment.
Advanced Sports Medicine Therapies
Providers at Tempe St. Luke’s Hospital offer several advanced therapies for sports medicine patients, including:
- Platelet-Rich Plasma Injections: a regenerative treatment that uses the body’s natural ability to heal. Frequently used with common sports injuries such as tendonitis, strains, sprains, and other similar issues with muscles, ligaments and tendons.
- Amniotic Membrane Stem Cell Injections: a liquid tissue matrix containing proteins, growth factors, lipids, multipotent cells, cytokines and other important nutrients. Frequently used to promote healing in inflamed tissue or tissue with voids or defects caused by trauma.
- Cold Laser Therapy: small device emits non-thermal light photons. Used to treat injuries of the knee, back, neck and tendonitis.
- Muscle injuries, including strains and tears and ligament sprains
- Overuse injuries, such as shin splints (from running or playing soccer) or pitcher’s elbow
- Stress fractures
- Shoulder injuries (separations, dislocations and rotator cuff injuries)
- Elbow injuries, including dislocations, sprains and tendonitis (e.g. tennis or golfer’s elbow)
- Knee injuries, such as ACL tears, other ligament injuries, meniscus injury, jumper’s knee, runner’s knee and direct trauma to the joint
- Post-traumatic arthritis
- Foot injuries, including Achilles tendon injuries and plantar fasciitis